[Numpy-discussion] access ndarray in C++

Sebastian Haase haase at msg.ucsf.edu
Wed Apr 23 04:06:00 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 3:56 AM, Joris De Ridder
<Joris.DeRidder at ster.kuleuven.be> wrote:

> On http://www.scipy.org/JorisDeRidder I've just put an example how I passed
> multidimensional Numpy arrays to C++ using ctypes. Perhaps it's helpful for
> your application. I didn't put it in the cookbook yet, because I would first
> like to test it a bit more. Up to now I didn't experience any bugs though.
>
> Joris

Hi Joris,
this is a great ( short ) recipe ! Could you elaborate on the line
"You need to compile myextension.cpp and make a shared library from
it. The easiest way is to use Scons with the constructor file:"
!?
How do you call Scons in your example !? On Windows ( = cygwin !? ) ,
Linux and on OS-X ?
Scons is now part of numpy (svn), right ?  (at least the scons version you mean)

Thanks again,
Sebastian Haase