[Numpy-discussion] Release of NumPy

Jarrod Millman millman at berkeley.edu
Tue Apr 15 01:05:56 EDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 9:59 PM, Travis E. Oliphant
<oliphant at enthought.com> wrote:
>  So, the question is.  Do we have enough energy in the community to
>  release the current trunk as 1.1 as well as release 1.0.5 which does not
>  contain any of the code/api changes, but just the bug fixes?  The answer
>  will be yes if somebody volunteers to back-port just the bug-fixes to
>  1.0.4.    I would really like there to be a bug-fix 1.0.5 release if at
>  all possible.

Personally, I would rather see everyone's effort focused on 1.1 and
the 1.2 (previously referred to as 1.1).  But if anyone is interested
in backporting some of the bug-fixes, I will help coordinate a 1.0.5
release.  For now, I hope to keep everyone focused on the trunk, which
will become 1.1.0 very soon.

I will send out an email fairly soon listing the last things that need
to be done before releasing 1.1.0.  Basically, I would like to have
some testing of the new Windows and Mac binaries.  David C. has all
ready sent out an email asking for help testing the new Window's
binaries.  Chris Burns or I will be sending out an email asking for
help testing the new Universal Mac binaries within the next day.

Thanks,

--
Jarrod Millman
10 Giannini Hall, UC Berkeley