[Numpy-discussion] F2PY future

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Fri Apr 11 14:01:09 EDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 09:48:21AM -0700, Andrew Straw wrote:
> Another option: the IPython people have been using launchpad.net (
> https://launchpad.net/ipython ) -- it supports bzr. I'm not sure how
> happy they are with it, but I think happy enough to stick with it rather
> than attempt to get a server with hg set up. IIRC, they did initially
> marginally prefer hg over bzr but the immediate availability of bzr
> hosting swung them over.

To add my view to the comments of Fernando and Brian, I am _very_ happy
with the workflow, and a bit disappointed by the usability of launchpad.
Hopefully it will get better.

All in all I don't regret the shift at all. However, I am a bit worried
we might loose developpers, and I am not encouraging big projects like
numpy or scipy to do the shift yet.

My two cents,

Gaël