[Numpy-discussion] Final push for NumPy 1.0.5 (I need your help!)

Anne Archibald peridot.faceted at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 18:10:11 EDT 2008

On 05/04/2008, James Philbin <philbinj at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've posted patches for:
>
>  #630: If float('123.45') works, so should numpy.float32('123.45')
>  #581: random.set_state does not reset state of random.standard_normal

Patches for #601, #622, #692, #696, #717 now in trac; I'd like to do
something about #720 (variance of complex arrays needs docs and
tests), but any patch for it is necessarily going to tread on the toes
of my patch for #696 (ddof parameter to var needs tests). I'm not
quite sure what the best way to handle this sort of thing is.

More generally, my local working copy is now rater divergent from the
upstream. What's the recommended way to deal with this? Make sure I
have all the patches submitted to trac, then just revert to raw SVN?
So far I've just been editing the output of svn diff down to only the
bit that's relevant to each patch, but it's getting pretty long.

Anne