[Numpy-discussion] Anyone have a well-tested SWIG-based C++ STL valarray <=> numpy.array typemap to share?

Matthieu Brucher matthieu.brucher at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 14:53:38 EDT 2007

> He goes on to suggest that Blitz++ might have more of a future. (though
> it looks like he's involved with the Boost project now)

Blitz++ is more or less avandoned. It uses indexes than can be not-portable
between 32bits platforms and 64bits ones.

Is there another alternative? At the moment, all we need is a one-d
> fixed size array. There is Boost::array (and MultiArray), but Boost has
> always seemed like a big, ugly, hard to build dependency. Can you just
> grab the code for some of these small pieces by themselves?

The Boost.Array is a fixed-size array, determined at compile-time, not
interesting there, I suppose. Multiarrays are what you're looking for.
Besides, it is not needed to build Boost to use them (Boost needs
compilation for some libraries like Regex, program_options or Python).

Matthieu