[Numpy-discussion] anyone compiling on IRIX 6.5

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Wed Oct 24 04:11:59 EDT 2007

fdu.xiaojf at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi David,
> David Cournapeau wrote:
>
>> fdu.xiaojf at gmail.com wrote:

>>> IRIX is a very annoying OS for me. There are numerous errors and
>>> warnings whenever I tried to compile. Now I always try Linux first
>>> if possible when I have to compile and use some programs, and IRIX
>>> is my last choice to try.
>>>
>>> I do have access to IRIX, but I'm definitely not an expert about it.
>>> Howerer, I'm willing to try this job if there are no volunteers.
>>>
>> If you are willing to test, could you try the numpy.scons branch on
>> it ? I don't have access to IRIX myself, so I cannot test if it
>> works. I would hope that it would work out of the box (it did on
>> solaris, platform where the trunk does not build right now).
>>
>> cheers,
>>
>> David
>
> I have tried to compile numpy.scons on IRIX with "python setup.py
> install". It compiled with warnings, but not errors. Attached is the
> compile log file.
>
> But It seems the numpy just doesn't work. The following is what I have
> tried:
>
> """
> Python 2.4.4 (#2, May 17 2004, 22:47:37) [C] on irix6
> Running from numpy source directory.
Here is the problem: this means numpy will NOT work. Two possibilities:
    - you really are in numpy source directory (i.e the directory where
the setup.py file is): then launch python from another directory, and
try importing again.
     - you are not in numpy source directory: there is a problem
somewhere in the build system I should correct.

cheers,

David