[Numpy-discussion] Error in deallocation ?

Matthieu Brucher matthieu.brucher at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 10:56:50 EDT 2007

> > I'll try it this night (because it is very very long, so with the
> > simulator...)
> Yes, that's the worse cases, of course. For those cases, I wish we could
> use numpy with COUNT_ALLOCS. Unfortunately, using numpy in this case is
> impossible (it crashes at import, and I've never tracked down the
> problem; maybe your problem may be enough of an incentive to start again):
>
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2003-May/206256.html

The problem is I don't have time for this at the moment, I have to develop
my algorithm for my PhD, and if one does not work, I'll try another one, but
this is strange because this algorithm worked in the past...

BTW, I can't use massif. Although the normal algorithm does not use more
than 150MB, with massif, it goes higher than 2.7GB, and this is before the
really hungry process.

Matthieu