[Numpy-discussion] numpy : your experiences?

Rahul Garg rahulgarg44 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 21:50:07 EST 2007

Hi.

I have been a numpy user myself for some time now (though its my first
message on this list).

I am trying to do a informal survey for a univ related project .. I am
a grad student btw working in comp sci.

It would be awesome if you guys could respond to some of the following
questions :
a) Can you guys tell me briefly about the kind of problems you are
tackling with numpy and scipy?
b) Have you ever felt that numpy/scipy was slow and had to switch to
C/C++/Fortran?
c) Do you use any form of parallel processing? Multicores? SMPs?
Clusters? If yes how did u utilize them?

If you feel its not relevant to the list .. feel free to email me personally.
I would be very interested in talking about these issues.

thanks,
rahul