[Numpy-discussion] Problem with numpy on Leopard

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 16:44:32 EDT 2007

> It's unlikely they are going to. If they put that stuff there, it's because they
> are using it for something, not as an (in)convenience to you. I don't recommend
> using the Python.framework in /System for anything except for distributing
> lightweight .apps. In that case, you can control your sys.path very well. For
> regular work, use the binary from www.python.org.

I agree that they probably won't fix this, but with Leopard, Apple has
gone out of their way to integrate the builtin python with PyObjC, the
new scripting bridge and Xcode.  The python.org binary doesn't have
those things, which could be a real barrier to some people.  I am
going to file a bug report.

Brian