[Numpy-discussion] shelve and object arrays

Mark.Miller mpmusu at cc.usu.edu
Fri May 25 18:53:12 EDT 2007

Greetings:

I recently experimented with changing from use of string arrays in some
of my code to object arrays.  This change speeds up my simulations and
produces identical numerical results relative to use of string arrays.
However, it now appears that my code is having issues at the ends of my
simulations when all data (and simulation parameters) are archived using
shelve.

Here's the message:

/var/lib/torque/mom_priv/jobs/539356.uint.SC: line 9: 18640 Segmentation
fault

I have been unable to create a small stand-alone example that reproduces
the problem.

Any thoughts on this?

-Mark