[Numpy-discussion] NumPy 1.0.3 release tomorrow, SciPy 0.5.3 next week

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Wed May 23 02:09:44 EDT 2007

I'd like to tag the tree and make a NumPy 1.0.4 release tomorrow.  Is
there anything that needs to be done before that can happen?

I'd also like to get another release of SciPy out the door as soon as
possible.   At the end of this week or early next week.

I've added a bunch of 1-d classic spline interpolation algorithms (not
the fast B-spline versions but the basic flexible algorithms of order 2,
3, 4, and 5 which have different boundary conditions).  There are
several ways to get at them in scipy.interpolate.   I've also added my
own "smoothest" algorithm which specifies the extra degrees of freedom
available in spline formulations by making the resulting Kth-order
spline have the smallest Kth-order derivative discontinuity.    I've
never seen this described by anyone but I'm sure somebody must have done
discussed it before.  If anybody knows something about splines who
recalls seeing something like this, I would appreciate a reference.
This specification actually allows very decent looking quadratic
(2nd-order) splines.

Best regards,

-Travis