[Numpy-discussion] 64-bit Numpy (ppc64)

Ryan Welch welchr at umich.edu
Tue May 15 13:06:48 EDT 2007

Hi guys,

I'm trying to figure out how to compile Numpy for -arch ppc64 on darwin, and I
can't seem to get it to work. Any pointers for how I can alter the build
process? (I'm not too familiar with distutils, been doing some reading but so
far no luck in figuring out how to pass in my own compiler flags other than
directly modifying script files, which still doesn't seem to work.)

Note: I have a 64-bit Python 2.5 binary already compiled, and I've confirmed it
can allocate more than 4GB of memory.

Cheers,
Ryan