[Numpy-discussion] numpy version of Interactive Data Analysis tutorial available

Anne Archibald peridot.faceted at gmail.com
Fri May 11 13:06:37 EDT 2007

On 10/05/07, Perry Greenfield <perry at stsci.edu> wrote:
> I have updated the "Using Python for Interactive Data Analysis"
> tutorial to use numpy instead of numarray (finally!). There are
> further improvements I would like to make in its organization and
> formatting (in the process including suggestions others have made to
> that end), but I'd rather get this version out, which I believe
> addresses all the content changes needed to make it useful for numpy,
> without delaying it any further.

Thank you for writing this - I'll have to see if it helps wean my
officemates away from C for quick scripting tasks.

Are you interested in additional examples? I could write one for
time-domain data (based on real, public, RXTE data, showing some
evidence for sub-millisecond pulsations in XTE J1739-85 (reported by
Kaaret et al)). I notice that the source for the tutorial does not
seem to be available...

Anne