[Numpy-discussion] New Operators in Python

dmitrey openopt at ukr.net
Mon Mar 26 05:42:35 EDT 2007

The unicode keyboards sailing everywhere is just a matter of time
And python 2-symbol operators soon will look obsolete, this will
increase migrating from python to Sun fortress etc. I took a look at
their unicode syntax for math formulas
http://research.sun.com/projects/plrg/faq/NAS-CG.pdf
it looks (vs Python) (or even MATLAB) like Pentium 4 vs Intel 386
processors.
It just allows copy-paste from articles of many formulas, including
"ro", 'beta' and other non-ascii symbols
Also, implementing unicode will allow separate operators for (for
example) MATLAB cross() equivalent (vector multiplication of vectors).
WBR, D.