[Numpy-discussion] [Matplotlib-users] Nonblocking Plots with Matplotlib

Andrew Straw strawman at astraw.com
Thu Mar 15 04:07:20 EDT 2007

Bill, very cool. Also, thanks for showing me how Twisted can be used
like Pyro, more-or-less, I think. (If I understand your code from my 1
minute perusal.)

On Mac OS X, there's one issue I don't have time to follow any further:
sys.executable points to
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python
whereas /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin/python
is the file actually on my path. For some reason, when I run the latter
ezplot is found, when the former, it is not. Thus, your auto-spawning of
a plotserver instance fails on my installation.

Other than that, the example you gave works as advertised and looks
great. (Ohh, those anti-aliased lines look better and better the more I
suffer through my colleagues' aliased plots...)