[Numpy-discussion] Putting some random back into the top-level?

Rob Hetland hetland at tamu.edu
Mon Mar 12 15:29:31 EDT 2007

I, for one, would also like this.  Perhaps it should not be called
'rand', however, as that conflicts with the pylab rand.  (numpy load
and pylab load also conflict -- probably the only reason I ever use
import pylab as pl in my scripts).  'random' is already taken by the
whole package... What does this leave that is still sensible?

-r