[Numpy-discussion] in place random generation

Mark P. Miller mpmusu at cc.usu.edu
Sat Mar 10 12:13:09 EST 2007

Robert:  Just a thought on this topic:

Would it be possible for the Scipy folks to add a new module based
solely off your old mtrand code (pre-broadcast)?  I have to say that the
mtrand code from numpy 0.9.8 has some excellent advantages over the core
python random number generators.

This would allow Scipy to have a pure random number generator, whereas
numpy could keep its fancier (but slower) array-based random number
generators.