[Numpy-discussion] Incompatability of svn 3868 distutils with v10.0 Intel compilers and MKL9.1

rex rex at nosyntax.com
Thu Jun 14 03:54:36 EDT 2007

Matthieu Brucher <matthieu.brucher at gmail.com> [2007-06-14 00:39]:
>     cc_exe = 'icc -g -fomit-frame-pointer -xT -fast'
>

> Just some comments on that :
> - in release mode, you should not use '-g', it slows down the execution of your

I didn't look it up; it was carried over from an example. I agree.

> program
> - -fast uses -xT for the moment ;)

So it does. I missed it. :(

> - -fomit-pointer is the default as soon as there is no -O0 or -g

Didn't know this.

I hope to put some detailed openSUSE 10.2 specific build instructions
from source (both for gcc and Intel software) on the SciPy wiki, and
your corrections are helpful. Thanks.

-rex
--
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves
up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."    --Winston Churchill