[Numpy-discussion] Arrays of poly1d objects, is this a bug?

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 16:00:34 EST 2007

On 1/26/07, Travis Oliphant <oliphant at ee.byu.edu> wrote:

> Stefan correctly identified the problem.   The dimension-discovery code
> is getting confused.
> This might actually be a fixable bug.  But, in general getting the
> N.array() code to correctly guess where the "Object-line" should be
> drawn is difficult at best.   The current code is a re-write of a
> previous code.  But, still it cannot solve the poorly defined problem.
>
> So, I would suggest creating empty arrays and populating them...

That's fine, no need to try finagling with delicate code and possibly
breaking who knows what other corner case.  The empty-then-fill
solution is just fine, even if it requires making a little helper
routine (for the case where the size isn't known in advance).

Many thanks to both for the help!

Cheers,