[Numpy-discussion] building NumPy with Intel CC & MKL (solved!)

Steve Lianoglou lists.steve at arachnedesign.net
Wed Jan 24 21:15:16 EST 2007

Hi Rex,

> Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed explanation. If
> only the documentation were so detailed...

Now that you've gone through your odyssey trying to numpy/scipy w/
this particular combo (SuSE/MKL/IntelCC), now would be a great time
to whip up wiki page ... you know .. for the documentation ;-)

> So the rpm version only takes ~17% longer to run this program. I'm
> surprised
> that there isn't a larger difference. Perhaps there will be in a
> different type of program. BTW, the cpu is an Intel e6600 Core 2 Duo
> overclocked to 3.06 GHz (it will run reliably at 3.24 GHz).

That's not so bad, though, is it? I'd also be interested in seeing
some more benchmarks though .. I wonder if there is a standard
benchmarking suite somewhere ..

Congrats on completing the gauntlet,

-steve