[Numpy-discussion] recompiling needed for binary module after numpy 1.0

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 03:11:47 EST 2007

belinda thom wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am hopefully almost done w/this exercise, but am uncertain how to
> interpret what the "---, +++, @@ -48,7" etc. I've looked at the
> setupext.py file on my machine but am unclear what changes I need to
> make.
>
> I tried google to find some interpretation, but was not successful.
> I'm somewhat familiar w/diff. Advice greatly appreciated.

It is a unified diff. I used it instead of describing it in words ("edit
such-and-such line with so-and-so contents") because the latter is a pain in the
butt and open for misinterpretation.

Just edit that one line. Ignore the diff header if you don't understand it.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco