[Numpy-discussion] recompiling needed for binary module after numpy 1.0

belinda thom bthom at cs.hmc.edu
Fri Jan 5 20:07:59 EST 2007

Sebastian,

I had the same problem awhile back; I'm curious---how'd you fix your
mismatch (i.e. where'd you go to get code, did you run python
setup?, ...). I realize these are very basic questions, but I've
never installed anything from source (aside from using easy_install),
so it would be nice to extend my very limited knowledge in this area.

Thx,

--b

============================

You are right again, of course !
Sorry for the noise - I should have just checked the date of my so
file (which is August 15)

At least I understood the "official numpy intention of version 1.0"
right then - just  checking ...

Thanks,
Sebastian.

On 1/5/07, Robert Kern <robert.kern at gmail.com> wrote:
 > Sebastian Haase wrote:
 > > Hi!
 > > After I upgraded from numpy 1.0 to 1.0.1
 > > I get an abort in a C-module:
 > >
 > > RuntimeError: module compiled against version 1000002 of C-API
but this
 > > version of numpy is 1000009
 > > Fatal Python error: numpy.core.multiarray failed to import...
exiting.