[Numpy-discussion] nan, warning and error modes

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Tue Feb 27 02:04:23 EST 2007

Hi,

    I am developing some numpy code, which sometimes fail because of
nan. This is likely to be due to some bad coding on my side, and as such
any NaN is a bug for this particular piece of code.
    Is there a way to get a warning when the first Nan is detected in
the code (or even a faulty assertion) ? It looks like there are some
variables/functions related to that in numpy, but I didn't find any
useful document on the matter, either in the numpy book nor on the scipy
website.

    cheers,

    David