[Numpy-discussion] what goes wrong with cos(), sin()

David Goldsmith David.L.Goldsmith at noaa.gov
Wed Feb 21 15:40:58 EST 2007

I grew up a TI guy - my recollection is that they stated in the user
manual that though the display could show "only" 10 decimal digits,
memory saved and computations used 16; perhaps nowadays it is even more,
but unless you're doing millions of sequential calculations (how often
do you do that on a handheld scientific calculator?) you shouldn't be
seeing cumulative error problems, right?

DG