[Numpy-discussion] Greek Letters

Mark Janikas mjanikas at esri.com
Tue Feb 20 20:29:25 EST 2007

Oh.  I am using CygWin, and the website I just went to:

http://www.cygwin.com/faq/faq_3.html

stated that: " The short answer is that Cygwin is not Unicode-aware"

Not sure if this is going to apply to python in general, but I suspect it will.  Ugh, I dislike Windows a lot, but it pays the bills.  The interesting thing to note is that the print out to gui interface is 'UTF-8' so it works.  It just wont work on my terminal where I do all of my testing.  I might just have to put a try statement in and put a "chi-square" in the except.

MJ