[Numpy-discussion] Global Numpy vector with Swig

Bill Spotz wfspotz at sandia.gov
Thu Feb 15 16:26:50 EST 2007

It seems to me you would need to %ignore vec, so that it is not
wrapped as a raw pointer to a double, and then in your interface file
create a PyArrayObject whose data buffer points to vec (the most
efficient way to do this is with %inline).  Then use %rename to
rename whatever you called your PyArrayObject to "vec" (or not, if
you do not care about the name).  Finally,

   foo.cvar.vec = numpy.zeros(10)

is going to decrement (and probably delete) your original vec and
replace it with the new array of zeros (I think, unless there are
some safeties put in place for cvars, in which case you would get an
exception).  Use

   foo.cvar.vec[:] = ...

to manipulate the data in-place.