[Numpy-discussion] SVN Build, optimized libraries, site.cfg, windows

Satrajit Ghosh satra at speech.mit.edu
Sun Feb 11 22:51:25 EST 2007

Hi,

I'm also not quite clear whether the optimized FFTW and UMFPACK libraries
are being used or required in numpy at all as show_config() doesn't report
it.

I see that fftw and umfpack are being used for scipy.

I have attached my site.cfg. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Satra

---- snip site.cfg ----
[atlas]
libraries = f77blas, cblas, atlas
library_dirs = C:\MinGW\lib;C:\DOWNLOADS\BUILDS\lib
include_dirs = C:\DOWNLOADS\BUILDS\include\ATLAS

[lapack]
libraries = flapack, f77blas, cblas, atlas library_dirs =
C:\MinGW\lib;C:\DOWNLOADS\BUILDS\lib

# UMFPACK
# -------
# The UMFPACK library is used to factor large sparse matrices. It, in turn,
# depends on the AMD library for reordering the matrices for better
performance.
# Note that the AMD library has nothing to do with AMD (Advanced Micro
Devices), # the CPU company.
#
#   http://www.cise.ufl.edu/research/sparse/umfpack/
#   http://www.cise.ufl.edu/research/sparse/amd/
#
[amd]
library_dirs = C:\MinGW\lib;C:\DOWNLOADS\BUILDS\lib
include_dirs = C:\DOWNLOADS\BUILDS\include amd_libs = amd

[umfpack]
library_dirs = C:\MinGW\lib;C:\DOWNLOADS\BUILDS\lib
include_dirs = C:\DOWNLOADS\BUILDS\include\UMFPACK
umfpack_libs = umfpack

# FFT libraries
# -------------
# There are two FFT libraries that we can configure here: FFTW (2 and 3) and
djbfft.
#
#   http://fftw.org/
#   http://cr.yp.to/djbfft.html
#
# Given only this section, numpy.distutils will try to figure out which
version # of FFTW you are using.
[fftw]
library_dirs = C:\MinGW\lib;C:\DOWNLOADS\BUILDS\lib
include_dirs = C:\DOWNLOADS\BUILDS\include libraries = fftw3
---- end snip