[Numpy-discussion] Requests for NumPy Ports?

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 20:28:08 EST 2007

On 1/31/07, Travis Oliphant <oliphant at ee.byu.edu> wrote:
> To me this is so obvious that I don't understand the resistance in the
> Python community to the concept.

Indeed

Travis, I was not reading this for a some time ago. Can you point me
your last proposal? I remember reading about extending the builting
buffer interface slots.

Just an idea, as previous step to convince Py-Dev people: perhaps it
is possible to develop an C extension, independent of numpy,
implementing all what you proposed about dtype objects and defining a
good C-API and Py-API to deal with all this, and next perhaps market
it to people like gtk-python developers...

In any case, you are contributing to a community standard which can be
used once ready and next adopted by core python, like happened with
ctype...

What do you think?

--
Lisandro Dalcín