[Numpy-discussion] Changing the distributed binary for numpy 1.0.4 for windows ?

Alan G Isaac aisaac at american.edu
Mon Dec 10 23:54:22 EST 2007

This may be a naive question, but just to be sure...

If troubles building without SSE2 support on an SSE2
processor are the problem, withould the problem be addressed
by purchasing an old PIII like
<URL:http://cgi.ebay.com/Dell-OptiPlex-GX110-Pentium-III-1GHz-40GB-256MB-DVD-XP_W0QQitemZ130180707038QQihZ003QQcategoryZ140070QQcmdZViewItem>
or
<URL:http://cgi.ebay.com/Dell-Precision-210-Pentium-III-Dual-500MHz-512MB-30GB_W0QQitemZ130181576949QQihZ003QQcategoryZ51225QQcmdZViewItem>

If so I'd be happy to contribute part of the purchase price,
and I assume others would too.

What's more, I *have* an old PIII at home.  (Doesn't
everybody?)  Unfortunately, I have almost no experience with
compiled languages.  However if it would be useful, I'd be
happy to try to build on my home machine (after this
Friday).  I would have to ask a lot of questions...

Cheers,
Alan Isaac