[Numpy-discussion] python-numpy debian package and f2py

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Mon Dec 3 05:22:51 EST 2007

Some additional notes:

- note that f2py in numpy and in python-f2py are *different*
tools and therefore python-f2py should not be considered
depreciated more than python-numeric is. So, python-f2py
should stay provided python-numeric is there. It might be
appropiate to rename python-f2py to python-f2py2e.

- the conflict between f2py scripts can be easily resolved
by renaming f2py script in python-f2py package to, say,
f2py2e (that would be an simple change in f2py2e/setup.py file).
The f2py script in numpy has --2d-numeric switch
that when used would import f2py2e package instead of numpy.f2py.

Pearu