[Numpy-discussion] comparing arrays with NaN in them.

mark markbak at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 11:06:35 EDT 2007

There may be multiple nan-s, but what Chris did is simply create one
with the same nan's

>>> a = N.array((1,2,3,N.nan))
>>> b = N.array((1,2,3,N.nan))

I think these should be the same.
Can anybody give me a good reason why they shouldn't, because it could
confuse a lot of people?

Thanks, Mark

ps. I have to admit though, that matlab does the same thing. nan==nan
is false.