[Numpy-discussion] Syntax trouble in translating matlab code to numpy

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 15:09:12 EDT 2007

Oliver Siemoneit wrote:

>     # Transform to LMS space
>     LMS = numpy.zeros_like(RGB)
>     for i in range(RGB.shape[0]):
>         for j in range(RGB.shape[1]):
>             rgb = RGB[i,j,:2]
>             LMS[i,j,:2] = numpy.dot(rgb2lms, rgb)
>
> This code fails in the last line with the error message "ValueError:
> matrices are not aligned". But how to align them?

You want :3, not :2.

By the way, I have some code that applies a more rigorous model for
colorblindness. The class LinearCorrespondingPairs in this file:

http://www.enthought.com/~rkern/cgi-bin/hgwebdir.cgi/colormap_explorer/file/9955ae141feb/colormap_explorer/vision_model.py

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."