[Numpy-discussion] Problem building from svn under cygwin

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 20:53:25 EDT 2006

Coatimundi wrote:
> I have the latest cygwin environment and am using gcc 3.4.4. to build numpy.
>
> Configure works:
>
>     python setup.py configure --compiler=mingw32
>
> Build fails:
>
>     python setup.py build --compiler=mingw32

What Python are you using? It looks like you built Python 2.5 using cygwin (that
is, the UNIX emulation layer). You cannot build your extensions with mingw32 in
that case. Don't use --compiler at all and you will be fine.

If you are using the regular Python binaries, then you should be using
--compiler=mingw32, but you're getting the wrong Python headers in that case.

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."
   -- Umberto Eco