[Numpy-discussion] Irregular arrays

rw679aq02 at sneakemail.com rw679aq02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Sep 4 17:27:51 EDT 2006

Forgive me if I missed any replies.  Since I have seen none, I will
rephrase the request.

Please demonstrate an irregular array in numpy with time complexity
measurement.  The shape does not matter so long as it is non-rectangular
and includes a complexity measurement.  A sparse matrix is conceptually
rectangular, so it does not fit the request at all.

The question is whether numpy has such support; if not, is it planned.
The question is not about the general-purpose Python language.
(Although Python demonstrations are of interest if they include the time
complexity measure from first principles or experiment.)