Problem introduced after 1.0rc2 on AIX with xlc

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 23:32:56 EDT 2006

Here is the traceback that I got:

In [1]: import numpy
exceptions.FloatingPointError                        Traceback (most
recent call last)

/u2/granger/<ipython console>

/usr/common/homes/g/granger/usr/local/lib/python/numpy/__init__.py
     36     import core
     37     from core import *
---> 38     import lib
     39     from lib import *
     40     import linalg

/usr/common/homes/g/granger/usr/local/lib/python/numpy/lib/__init__.py
      3 from numpy.version import version as __version__
      4
----> 5 from type_check import *
      6 from index_tricks import *
      7 from function_base import *

/usr/common/homes/g/granger/usr/local/lib/python/numpy/lib/type_check.py
      8 import numpy.core.numeric as _nx
      9 from numpy.core.numeric import asarray, array, isnan, obj2sctype, zeros
---> 10 from ufunclike import isneginf, isposinf
     11
     12 _typecodes_by_elsize = 'GDFgdfQqLlIiHhBb?'

/usr/common/homes/g/granger/usr/local/lib/python/numpy/lib/ufunclike.py
     44     return y
     45
---> 46 _log2 = umath.log(2)
     47 def log2(x, y=None):
     48     """Returns the base 2 logarithm of x

FloatingPointError: invalid value encountered in log

Obviously because I am having the error raised, I only get the first one.  Hmmm.

Brian