f2py g3 question

pearu at cens.ioc.ee pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Wed Oct 25 15:36:02 EDT 2006

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006, Brian Granger wrote:

> HI,
>
> I have noticed that Pearu has been doing lots of work on f2py g3.  I
> have heard that this will have support for derived types.  What is the
> status of this work?  Is is ready for public use?  Are the derived
> types implemented?  Thanks!

At the moment derived types support is implemented for types that have
only scalar components. Work on the array component support is going
on. If you would like to try out f2py g3, use --3g-numpy option:

  f2py --3g-numpy ...

See numpy/f2py/lib/test_*.py files for examples that currently work with
f2py g3.

Pearu