Testing numpy without doing an installation?

Francesc Altet faltet at carabos.com
Tue Oct 17 04:03:03 EDT 2006

A Divendres 13 Octubre 2006 22:20, Lisandro Dalcin va escriure:
> On 10/13/06, Francesc Altet <faltet at carabos.com> wrote:
> > Is it possible to test a numpy version directly from the source
> > directory without having to install it?
>
> I usually do:
>
> $ python setup.py build
> $ python setup.py install --home=/tmp
> $ export PYTHONPATH=/tmp/lib/python

Thanks for your answer Lisandro, but what I want is to completely avoid an
installation. The idea is to be able to test the local copy version of numpy
in the development directory while doing small changes on it. Having to do
the install step slows down the testing phase when doing small changes.

Cheers,

V   V   Cárabos Coop. V.   Enjoy Data
 "-"