[Numpy-discussion] arrays that start from negative numbers?

Rick Muller rmuller at sandia.gov
Tue May 30 13:33:02 EDT 2006

I certainly think that something along these lines would be possible.
However, in the end I just decided to keep track of the indices using
a Python dictionary, which means to access A[-3] I actually have to
call A[index[-3]]. A little clunkier, but I was worried that the
other solutions would be brittle in the long run.

Thanks for all of the comments.

Rick Muller
rmuller at sandia.gov