[Numpy-discussion] System_info options for setup.py

Stephan Tolksdorf andorxor at gmx.de
Thu May 4 12:13:12 EDT 2006

Hi,

is there any information besides scipy.org/FAQ and
Installing_SciPy/Windows on building NumPy (on Windows)?

Is there any documentation of the various system_info options
configurable in site.cfg other than (the uncommented) system_info.py?
More specifically, what do the various BLAS/LAPACK options stand for?
Should I use atlas or blas_opt/lapack_opt? Is amd an option to directly
support ACML?
Can I build NumPy with BLAS only, without LAPACK?
It should be possible to combine ATLAS/LAPACK compiled with GCC/G77 and
Numpy with Visual C++, right?

Thanks in advance for any help. I'll try to update the wiki with the
information I get.

Regards,
   Stephan