[Numpy-discussion] Time for beta1 of NumPy 1.0

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Fri Jun 30 15:17:11 EDT 2006

Tim Hochberg wrote:
> The number one priority for numpy should be to unify the three disparate
> Python numeric packages.

I think the number one priority should be the best it can be. As someone
said, two (or ten) years from now, there will be more new users than
users migrating from the older packages.

> Personally, given no other constraints, I would probably just get rid of
> the defaults all together and make the user choose.

I like that too, and it would keep the incompatibility from causing
silent errors.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov