[Numpy-discussion] sourceforge advertising

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 17:46:59 EDT 2006

Stefan van der Walt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that sourceforge now adds another 8 lines of advertisement
> to the bottom of every email sent to the list.  Am I the only one who
> finds this annoying?  Is there any reason why the numpy list can't run
> on scipy.org?

We'd be happy to move it to scipy.org. However moving a mailing list is always a
hassle for subscribers, so we were not going to bother until there was a
compelling reason. This may be one, though.

For all subscribers: If you have an opinion over whether to move the list or to
keep it on Sourceforge, please email me *offlist*. If enough people want to move
and few people want to stay, we'll set up a new mailing list on scipy.org.

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."
   -- Umberto Eco