[Numpy-discussion] Suggestions for NumPy

joris at ster.kuleuven.ac.be joris at ster.kuleuven.ac.be
Fri Jun 2 19:03:41 EDT 2006

 [DC]: My only concern with this is numpy is positioned for a wider audience:
 [DC]: everybody who needs arrays, and the extra speed that numpy gives, but
 [DC]: doesn't need what scipy gives. So merging the two could lead to
 [DC]: confusion on what provides what, and what you need to do which.

I completely agree with this. SciPy and NumPy on one site, yes, but not so
interweaven that it gets confusing or even plain useless for NumPy-only users.

J.