[Numpy-discussion] Sour pickles

Keith Goodman kwgoodman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 14:19:31 EDT 2006

Upgrading numpy and scipy from an April svn snapshot to yesterday's
svn broke my code.

To diagnose the problem I need to generate data in one version and
load it in the other version.

I did a search on how to save data in python and came up with pickle,
or, actually, cpickle.

But the format of the pickle is different between the two versions of
numpy. I am unable to load in one version what I saved in the other
version.

when I pickle, for example, numpy.asmatrix([1,2,3]) as ASCII, numpy
0.9.9.2677 adds I1\n in two places compared with numpy 0.9.7.2416.

Any advice?