[Numpy-discussion] Numpy svn not installing headers

Matt Hyclak hyclak at math.ohiou.edu
Thu Jun 15 13:45:38 EDT 2006

I was trying to build matplotlib after installing the latest svn version of
numpy (r2426), and compilation bailed on missing headers. It seems that the
headers from build/src.linux*/numpy/core/ are not properly being installed
during setup.py's install phase to
$PYTHON_SITE_LIB/site-packages/numpy/core/include/numpy

Have I stumbled upon a bug, or do I need to do something other than
"setup.py install"?

The files that do make it in are:
arrayobject.h
arrayscalars.h
ufuncobject.h

The files that do not make it in are:
config.h
__multiarray_api.h
__ufunc_api.h

The compilation problem was that arrayobject.h includes both config.h and
__multiarray_api.h, but the files were not in place.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Hyclak