[Numpy-discussion] Bug in memmap/python allocation code?

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 12:02:13 EDT 2006

Mike Ressler wrote:
> My apologies if this is a duplicate - my first attempt doesn't seem to
> have gone back to the list.

SF if being nasty with GMail. I'll have to speed up moving the list to scipy.org.

> If someone can explain the rules of engagement for Lightning Talks, I'm
> thinking about presenting this at SciPy 2006. Then you'll see there is a
> reason for my madness.

Unfortunately, we only have scheduled 30 minutes of lightning talks this year.
We have twice as many full talks as we did last year. We'll probably only get
about 5 or 6 lightning talks clocking in at 5 minutes, tops. In the opening
remarks on the first day, we'll tell people to come talk to us (and by "us," I
mean "Travis Vaught") during the break and tell us that they want to do a
lightning talk about "Foo."

> As an aside, the developer pages could use some polish on explaining the
> different svn areas, and how to get what one wants. An svn checkout as
> described on the page gets you the 1.1 branch that DOES NOT have the
> updated memmap fix. After a minute or two of exploring, I found that
> "svn co http://svn.scipy.org/svn/numpy/branches/ver1.0/numpy
> <http://svn.scipy.org/svn/numpy/branches/ver1.0/numpy> numpy" got me
> what I wanted.

Grr. That means developers are not merging changes appropriately.

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."
   -- Umberto Eco