[Numpy-discussion] [SciPy-dev] Weave, numpy, external libraries and conflicting typedefs

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitb.ac.in
Wed Jul 12 17:03:32 EDT 2006

I sent this reply on 9th but the message seems to have never made it
to scipy-dev and is still pending moderator approval on
numpy-discussion.  I had attached a patch for weave that made the
email larger than 40 KB.  I don't have checkin privileges to
scipy/numpy.  So if someone would be kind enough to apply the patch
for me, let me know and I'll send you the patch off-list.

[...]
    Travis> I'm not opposed to putting a *short* prefix in front of
    Travis> everything (the Int32, Float64, stuff came from numarray
    Travis> which now has it's own back-ward compatible header where
    Travis> it could be placed now anyway).  Perhaps npy_ would be a
    Travis> suitable prefix.

    Travis> That way we could get rid of the cruft entirely.

    Travis> I suppose we could also provide the noprefix.h header that
    Travis> defines the old un-prefixed cases for "backwards NumPy
    Travis> compatibility".

Travis, you rock!  Thanks for fixing this in SVN.  All the problems I
was having earlier are gone.

Here is a patch for weave's SWIG support that should be applied to
scipy.  The SWIG runtime layout changed in version 1.3.28 and this
broke weave support.  This should be fixed soon (hopefully!) in SWIG
CVS and the following patch will ensure that weave works against it.

Many thanks once again for the speedy fixes!

cheers,
prabhu