[Numpy-discussion] Re: [SciPy-user] [SciPy-dev] Long live to numpy (and its list as well)

Andrew Straw strawman at astraw.com
Thu Jan 12 09:56:21 EST 2006

konrad.hinsen at laposte.net wrote:

> On 12.01.2006, at 18:13, Sebastian Haase wrote:
>
>> Obviously there are going to be lots of posts regarding "transition
>> from
>> Numeric/numarray to NumPy" -- are they all supposed to cross post !?
>>
>> My vote (and that's how I read Konrad's - correct my if I'm wrong)
>> is to
>> continue using numpy-discussion and NOT have another lists (numpy-
>> user) .
>

> I agree. It makes sense to have a separate developer list for those
> who work *on* NumPy, but please let's stick to a single list for
> users of all Python array packages. Separate lists will encourage a
> split in the community, and create lots of crosspostings.

I agree as well. In the last days, there have been several posts by
authors who clearly missed ongoing discussions following from an
original cross-post because further discussion took place exclusively on
an unsubscribed list. Can we shut down numpy-user? It's only been around
a couple weeks, and I bet everyone subscribed there is also on
numpy-discussion.

Cheers!
Andrew