[Numpy-discussion] Re: [SciPy-user] [SciPy-dev] Long live to numpy (and its list as well)

Sebastian Haase haase at msg.ucsf.edu
Thu Jan 12 09:14:02 EST 2006

On Thursday 12 January 2006 03:21, Francesc Altet wrote:
> A Dijous 12 Gener 2006 11:52, konrad.hinsen at laposte.net va escriure:
> > On 05.01.2006, at 23:03, Francesc Altet wrote:
> > > Accordingly, my vote is also:
> > >
> > > +1 numpy-discussion
> >
> > +1 from me as well. Same reason.
>
> The outcome of the discussion is that it has been created a new list
> called numpy-user at lists.sf.net for discussing the new NumPy package.
> Apparently, the numpy-discussion will still be the place for
> discussing Numeric/numarray issues.

I'm sorry to disagree,
I really think there are to many lists now ! The start of this "lists
discussion" was about _reducing_ the total number of scipy/numpy lists, now
we have two more !
Obviously there are going to be lots of posts regarding "transition from
Numeric/numarray to NumPy" -- are they all supposed to cross post !?

My vote (and that's how I read Konrad's - correct my if I'm wrong) is to
continue using numpy-discussion and NOT have another lists (numpy-user) .

My two cents,
Sebastian Haase