[Numpy-discussion] Success with SVN on Cygwin

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Thu Feb 23 10:27:02 EST 2006

Jose Gomez-Dans wrote:

>Hi!
>A few days ago, I asked about compiling NumPy on Cygwin. Travis carried out some
>modifications, and with last night's SVN, I can happily report that it now
>compiles and works. The tests produced no errors, so it's all good :)

That's good news. I wish our unit test coverage was wide enough that
this actually meant that all is good :-)  But, it's a good start.

Thanks are really do the cygwin ports people who already had a patch
(though they didn't let us know about it --- I found it using Google).
I just incorporated their patch into the build tree.

I'm glad to know that it works.

-Travis