[Numpy-discussion] Behavior of array scalars

Sasha ndarray at mac.com
Fri Feb 17 20:36:04 EST 2006

On 2/17/06, Travis Oliphant <oliphant.travis at ieee.org> wrote:
> Sorry we worked on the same code.
Not a problem.  My code was just a proof of concept anyway.

>  I already comitted a changed that solves the problem.
I've seen your change on the timeline.  Thanks for extensive comments.

> It doesn't change the C-API function but instead
> changes the _find_wrap code which needed changing anyway ...

You are right, my patch could be fooled by an output arg with an
__array_wrap__. However, I am not sure calling output argument's
__array_wrap__ is a good idea: it looks like it may lead to "(a is
add(a, 2, a)) == False)" in some circumstances.  Another concern is
that it looks like what output arguments are supplied is determined
twice: in _find_wrap and in construct_matrices.